|Attempting to use a different bowl with my kitchenaid (mine broke)|
|Gave up and had to use the hand mixer|
|Cream cheese and butter for the icing|
|only had 2 round cake pans, so I used a square and just carved after|
|lettering was a little off, but after it was on, there was no turning back|
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and lightly flour three 9 inch round cake pans, then line the bottoms with waxed paper.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flours and add in four parts, alternating with the milk and the vanilla extract, beating well after each addition.
- Divide batter among the cake pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.